Thursday, July 5, 2007

An Update

There's not any really big news to report. There's just little stuff. I talked to the guy who's buying my car back. He's cool with getting it the day before I leave, so that'll help a lot. And the landlord is cool with taking care of the security deposit the morning I leave. That's pretty much going to cover the security deposit and first month's rent for the new crib. The new landlord took forever to cash the check I sent for them to hold the cottage for 3 weeks.

I didn't realize just how much money I've been spending the last month. I'll be chilling out the next couple of weeks. I'd like to eat the first week I'm in Hawaii. I'm currently in my last week of work at Hillside. It could be the longest 4 days of my life. I'm pretty much "booked" every night (and some days) from this Sunday until I leave. I guess that's good, but I'm going to need a vacation from my last week in Rochester. Oh yeah, Portland. And I'll have a few days in Hawaii to relax before work starts. I'm going to need them to get back to a "normal" sleeping schedule. I guess it's not much of a surprise but I have not been sleeping at all lately. I'm on a futon and I can't shut my brain off.

Most of you know I've been doing this podcast. Well, tonight I did a Kids Edition of The Stuart Bedasso Show. I'll be putting it on CD's for all the kiddies: Alex, Jake & Lindsey, Tommy & Tessa and Quinn. I'd turn it into an mp3 for everyone to download, but there's that whole copyright thing. Fascists.

That's about it. I have a ton of ideas for the new gig, but I'm going to keep them to myself until I get down there and see how open they are to them. (insert evil laugh here) Let's just say it involves whipped cream, rubber sheets and a spatula...oh wait...wrong fantasy. Uh, it involves a low-powered FM radio station, a book and cable access TV...and a spatula.

1 comment:

Papa said...

I don't suppose anyone's arranged a Hillside farewell, complete with leftover cake from a kid's birthday and Dennis making a rare venture out of his office?