Saturday, July 28, 2007

The New Wheels

Here it is!



Click on the picture to see the other pictures. It's pretty freakin cool. To start it, you need the "smart key" which just looks like a remote. One you stick that in you push the power button with your foot on the brake. You can barely hear it start. The console on the dash tells you the MPG your getting at that moment. When you're totally on electric it shows 99.9mpg. It charges the battery when you slow down, and goes directly to electric when you idle. It only has one thing that drives me nuts. It does the beep thing when in reverse. But I'll probably get used to it.

*****************************************

So I went to school today to help sort through Peggy's stuff. She's the teacher responsible for the Engineering and some of the Math in our program. Her background is middle school and she had a lot of crap. When we were done, Peggy, Dan (the lead facilitator and science guy) and I went to lunch to the Cafe Oasis. It's right on the South Kihei beach and for dinner serves $30 entrees. The lunch menu rocks and everything's under $10. When y'all come down, that's one place we're going to lunch. Amazing. Blackened Mahi Mahi with Papaya Salsa, rice & salad was unbelievable.
Then I came home and mopped the house. That's what I said. I mopped the house...the bedroom, the bathroom the kitchen, etc. The whole thing has this hard ceramic tile floor and it's been covered with this red sand/dirt since I got here. I seem to be getting a thin layer off at a time. So 40 or so more times and I should have it taken care of.