Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Where the Hell's My Diploma?

There are three programs in the charter school I work for. The "virtual" school - which is a glorified homeschool program, the high school, and now the STEM Program. That's the one I'm in. To transport our kids around, the high school has two, seriously ghetto vans and we have two newer, but getting ghettoier by the minute, vans. Today, there was an African Drumming assembly at the high school. To get all the kids from our program over to the high school, someone had to bring a ghetto van over because two weren't enough. So someone drove it over and came into the building to let us know she was here.

So we start leaving the building to get into the vans. I'm one of the last to get there and I see all my kids standing outside our (ghetto) van. "What's going on? Get in the van," I said with all the authority of a Dad getting ready for a family trip.

"We can't. There's a chicken in the van!" came the reply.

Yep. An f-ing chicken. Perched on one of the seats and pissed off. Seems that the person who brought the van left a window open. So we opened all the doors and scared the thing out. The problem is we scared the shit out of it. Literally. This chicken crapped everywhere. It's a 15 person van, it shit on 3 seats and the dashboard. The dashboard! How the hell did it get on the dashboard?

We're already late for the assembly so I had my kids sit as around the dukee as possible and when they were in the school, I got cleaning supplies and spent my afternoon cleaning chicken shit for the ride back to our school.

I did not go to college for this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's the funniest goddamn stroy I've read on here yet!

Kenny

Lazulipi said...

Man, those chickens 'll get ya!

Unknown said...

There's nothing I like more than a good poop story or a good chicken story. You hit them both with one shot. I love it.
Sherri

Anonymous said...

But you did go to college to be a teacher. You taught the kids about problem solving, flexibility, and that sometimes you have to do a job, instead of being a prima donna.