Saturday, August 4, 2007

Good News, Bad News

I'll try not to get too introspective. But this will have a relatively happy ending.

So, I got my first paycheck yesterday. {insert "boing" noise here} Holy crap they take a lot of your check. And they still haven't started taking out for health insurance. Sooooo...the car's going back. Yep. It just won't work out. One paycheck a month is going completely for rent...I mean completely. I'll probably be moving in January to some place cheaper. I had it pretty much worked out, but I had no idea how much they mess with you in taxes, and other interesting little costs.

So I walked around feeling like I had a big "L" tattooed on my forehead. I went out with some co-workers for Pau Hana, which is basically Hawaiian for happy hour. I wasn't really feeling it.

Today I was getting ready to do some work at school and the post office truck pulled into the driveway. MY STUFF! Yeah, I bitch about people being consumeristic, but I was sad about one of my things and now I'm happy because I got some of my other things. CD's and some school stuff. So the rest of it should be here in a week or so.

Well, I'm not unpacking too much. I'll be moving it again in a few months.

No comments: