Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hello, Fellow Babies...

The Man thought he could keep me down forever. I knew that if I was just patient that eventually I would be back. That's right radio fans, I'm back on the air. There's a station in Maui that is non-profit, all-volunteer. I just got on as fill-in. When a spot opens up I should get put in. Most do one show a week and what's open now doesn't fit in with my school schedule (unless I want midnight to 6am). SO...check out Mana'o Radio. The station is streamed on the internet. I should have ample time to find out when I'll be filling in so I'll post here when I'm on the air.

And dig this...I get to play whatever I want (within FCC guidelines). Sinatra followed by Fishbone, then Coltrane, then Wild Geese. They have a cool library of music, but they encourage us to bring our own.


OTHER UPDATES: I killed a new insect in my house yesterday. I swear it was a baby scorpion. I tried to take a picture of it, but I couldn't get it to show up.

If you read the comment on my last post, my Mother threatened to kick my ass if I didn't get back on my blood pressure meds. Hey, Old Woman! I'm mandated by the State of Hawaii to report any child abuse I know of. I may be 41, but I'm still your child, so don't start making threats unless you're ready to be penitentiary-bound. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.- Sammy Davis Jr.

Actually, Hawaii's bureaucracy makes NY look like a trip through a field of daisies. My health insurance actually goes through the teacher's union. And if you know anything about teacher's unions you can imagine what a clusterf@ck this is. So I'm supposed to be covered but the insurance carrier has never heard of me, blah, blah, blah. So I'm working on it.

No comments: