Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Weekend of Eh's

I guess I'll just go chronologically.

I got almost all of the rest of my stuff on Friday. There's 3 boxes yet to come and it's the stuff I probably want the most, of course. My guitar, a couple of prints for the wall and my baseball gear. Well, I don't actually need the baseball stuff right now, but it would be nice to know it's here. But I do have my cheese grater so I guess my manhood has been restored. I would like to know what I was thinking when I packed the soup ladle though. It's always 80 degrees + here...I'm not making soup. (I hate gazpacho)

Saturday, we had the big to-do with the Governor of Hawaii coming to give a speech at the school. Parents, students, muckity-mucks were all there. There were a couple "bunch-of-flowers" security guys there only in Hawaiian shirts. (BOF is taken from an Eddie Izzard routine where he describes secret service guys with their hands in their suits like they're about to perform a magic trick: "Bunch of Flowers!")

I was relatively underwhelmed by the governor. When she hit the occasional Republican talking point I didn't even roll my eyes. In fact I even got into a conversation with this one guy who works for some new TV-media thing that's supposed to be working to encourage business, blah, blah, blah. When he started blowing tax credits for corporations up my ass, I suddenly saw a student misbehaving and had to go.

But I did get to meet more parents...40 out of 48 kids came on a Saturday. Not too shabby.

I didn't do much the rest of the day. Mopped my permanently stained floor, laundry, etc. I was just moping around waiting for today.

I took the Prius back today. The whole ordeal took over 3 hours. Now, I HAD to leave with a car. Not only for work, but there really is no public transportation and I had no way of getting my ass home from the dealer without one. They ran through every option starting with the far-fetched one - pretending I never bought the first car. That didn't work with the bank who had the loan. Long story - short, I ended up puttering home in a new Ford Focus. This is still going to suck, but it was almost a couple hundred dollars a month cheaper. At least I should be able to eat from now to January. Things will smooth out once I move in January. And no, I'm not putting pictures of it on the blog.

Then I came home and did the podcast with Jill. If you didn't catch last week's show, she'll probably be on for a while while I get the whole internet thing figured out and I can get Keziah & Erick back on. Meanwhile, Keziah's been doing a kind of Andy Rooney thing.

Or maybe Jill won't be back on. I was using a Whitee mug during the recording. And when she asked what it was about, I explained and gave her a CD. She may never come back. Though she did give me a dradel today. (you have to listen to last week's show to know why that was relevant).

So, I'm going to finish getting ready for school and get that damn gecko out of my bathroom. Everyone tells me they're good luck. If that's true, I should be the luckiest Mo Fo on the island!

No comments: