Monday, August 27, 2007

Test 'em, Rest 'em Then Do Something That Ends in est

My fellow teachers will sympathize...

Take every scrap of paperwork you have to do in your school, add in phone calls to parents and state standards. Digitize the lot and put it in a web-based computer program that takes all the fun out of using a computer. What do you have? PowerSchool - the new bane of my existence. Some sick bastard designed this piece of garbage.

I spent most of my weekend dealing with this digital monstrosity only to find out I was doing it all wrong and was at school an extra 3 hours to fix it today (plus the hour at home).

I'm really trying not to bitch so much, but this program will drag this program down, it's so difficult to use.

Anyway, so that's why I didn't get to post the pictures I took last Friday. So here are a few. You can look at all of them here.

Every morning, before we go into school we do our Oli. It's a Hawaiian chant to ask the gods for wisdom. (they haven't come through yet)



After the Oli on Friday, we tested the tykes. We're in middle school and they can't multiply.



Then we took half the kids to the beach...to clean!



Go to the link above to see the rest. I'm sleepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how does this Oli thing fit in with the whole seperation of church/state???