Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hooray! Hoor...aw shit...

Today I had my meeting with Mark...the school's Director. We went over my evaluation...which went fine. I was harder on myself than he was...which is new for me in a school. Then we talked about my contract for next year. With my work on my Professional Portfolio, I'll be getting a raise one year early. Hooray!

But I'll be bringing home less per paycheck... I...uh...wha...Huh?

I started working this past school year July 24th, which meant I'd be getting 23 paychecks. This year, I'll be starting along with everyone else and getting 24 paychecks. The raise in pay was not enough to cover an entire paycheck, so I'll be taking home less next school year per paycheck.

I got a raise and will be making less money. Figures.

OK, I know, not really...and in fact, in the long-run it will help because if I leave Maui as soon as school ends next year (June 9th-ish), I'll still be getting paychecks through July of 2009...which, if I can crash at Mom's for a few weeks (hint, hint), I can get an apartment pretty quickly.

But meanwhile...Christ, I may need a 3rd job!

1 comment:

Papa said...

A raise and less take-home money at the same time... sounds like something our favorite ex-employer would do if they were smart enough to figure out how.