Saturday, May 31, 2008

Campaigning

Well THIS is embarrassing. I'm going to need three trips to this one district to finish it. I must be getting old.

Actually, it's pretty freakin hilly, both driveways and roads. Here's a few pictures of the upper middle class Pukalani.







I'm standing at a door - I had just knocked and was waiting for the guy to refuse to answer and I hear music...Ice Cream Man music...and it was very familiar. As you remember (?) in Kihei, we get It's a Small World After All...over and over again. But today...is that...Jingle Bells? Followed by Silent Night? Are you serious?

Yep. In Pukalani, they play the Ice Cream Man / Muzak version of Christmas Carols, followed by Mary Had A Little Lamb and Happy Birthday. At least they have a proper looking Ice Cream Truck. The dude in Kihei drives this non-descript, plain white van. It looks like he's trying to lure children to abduct them. I'm not playing.

Anyway, as an excuse to not finishing this district after day 2 - I would have finished it today, but it was 4pm and I had to drive back into town to be on the air at 5pm. So there, again.

No comments: