Saturday, May 3, 2008

Creepy...But Sensitive

Not too much happening. I'm pretty exhausted, getting ready for bed. Was on at Mana'o last night and this chick from Tanzania kept calling for requests. She seemed to take it as a challenge to see if I could dig up what she wanted. I had my laptop with Limewire so it wasn't too tough...Grace Jones, Marianne Faithful, Keith Jarrett, Spencer Davis...then she busted out some French singer I absolutely could not find...not even on Google, Myspace or Amazon. So she's going to get the info on it and send it to me. It was a nice distraction.

So after 4 hours of sleep I had to work at the Y. Nothing major. Everything's cool there, but I'm still making the occasional paperwork error...it's pretty much a bureaucratic place. A lot of "codes" for activities and stuff like that. The software they use is 12 years old and not very intuitive. Once in a while I register someone's grandmother for swim lessons or Mom gets registered for summer camp. Whatever...it would probably do them good. And while I realize this is now cliche, I think all the young gay guys work &/or are members at the Y. None dress like cowboys or motorcycle cops, though.

Got the new keyboard on the laptop. That's cool.

Uhhhhh...Summer got the endorsement of the 21st Century Democrats. We can't publicize it just yet.

Tomorrow, I'm going to deal with the bastards at T-Mobile, live on the podcast. Hopefully it'll be interesting.

OK...here's a link that is creepy, yet sensitive. Sensitive as in: ladies, I feel your pain. Creepy as in...well, check it out.

No comments: