Saturday, May 24, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

...but I could have used a horse.

Today I started going door-to-door for Summer's campaign. By the way, I hit all of you up for money for the campaign, right?

So, it's a little different this time around. The houses are close together, but the terrain is a lot more difficult than campaigning in Rochester. A lot more gravelly driveways and hills. Way more dogs. And people just aren't used to door-to-door stuff. This sign waving thing is the rage.

If you missed my earlier explanation, on Maui, the preferred way of protesting/campaigning is to have signs by the side of the road, wave them, point at people like you were Issac from the Love Boat and throw the shaka.



Here's a picture of Summer sign waving, Mother's Day weekend.


It's going to be a long summer...no pun intended.

Summer's in Oahu this weekend at the State Democratic Convention. I'd rather be turning tricks at the bus station than be there...I'm just saying. But she did meet with that "beat 3 incumbents" guy. What do you know...I seem to have gotten his stamp of approval. I'm so relieved. So I guess I know what I'm doing after all.

On another note:

Thursday night, I was working at the YMCA. This woman, in her 50's, gets out of the pool and walks through the locker room to the front desk...still in her swimsuit, dripping wet. "Excuse me. I bought these goggles here last week. Could you tell me how to work them, they keep leaking."

"I...uh...Ma'am, I don't really swim. Maybe you could ask one of the lifeguards at the pool."

[Really long period of silence]

"Oh." She turned around and walked back into the locker room.

I should have told her to change the batteries.

1 comment:

Lazulipi said...

NICE,

i love it when you talk about your crazy days as a bus station "date".


seriously...who doesn't know how to work goggles?