Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Summer Starr Update

So, I've talked about it before, but I'm running another political campaign. This is for Summer Starr, who is running for a seat on the State Legislature. We're still working on campaign infrastructure - once everything's in place I'll fill you in on more - and harass you for money.

But for now, sit back and listen to my latest from Crazy Central. So, if you saw my first post on the campaign you know about that crazy chick who's helping us fundraise. Well, one of her ideas was to have Summer's whole family come to this party that was being thrown Upcountry. Turns out I have connections to a lot of these people as many of them are musicians and have some connection to Mana'o Radio.

So, Summer's Aunt had reservations because there would be "undesirables" there, but I took a cautious route and decided that Summer and her Dad would go, but I'd be there and make sure everything was cool. So got there way before they did and it seemed like it could have been a fun time if I wasn't in political mode while trying to look like I was NOT in political mode. And Crazy Fundraising Chick was too busy partying to worry about me, so that wasn't such a bad thing. That is until we were talking about something and when she walked away from me (behind me) I felt her hand start at my shoulder then work its way down to my ass. This is going to be a long campaign.

So, I made sure Summer made a few decent contacts before things got too...uh...partyish. It worked out well. Again...more when we're settled.

No comments: