Monday, March 10, 2008

Bloody Hell...

Can't just one good thing happen without some negative to it. Just one. It doesn't have to be a big thing. It can be a little thing. I don't think it's asking for much.

The people upstairs moved out. That's good. They have that annoying little dog that barks every time I come home or anyone anywhere comes home. They also let it shit around my car and don't pick up after it so that I have to go through a dog doo minefield to get to and from my car. So they're gone. Good, right? Well, yeah...but here's the catch.

I just get home....it's about 8pm...and I have no electricity. And I look around and everyone else does. Now it all makes sense. My utilities is "included" because there's only one meter. See, because land and water costs so much here, many build something that has more than one apartment, but only put a kitchen, water meter & electricity meeter in as if it were a one unit building. It saves on permits, etc. That's why there's only one mailbox for the two apartments.

So when the dumbasses upstairs left, they had the electricity turned off and my now soon-to-be ex-landlord didn't bother to do anything about it - or tell me, either. Of course I called him and got his voice mail. He didn't call me back before when I called to ask him for his address to send him the rent. I had to get it from a neighbor.

I think I may be moving again. I suppose I'm "lucky" that 6 months is considered a long-term lease here. I guess I'm not getting a couch yet after all.

Well, it's still a bit early...I guess I'll go back to school and get some work done. Where $10,000 a month doesn't get your electricity turned off.

Later, I'll tell you about the campaign I'm running...

Oh, and I'm posting this because my laptop has a battery.

No comments: