Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More News

OK Kids,

Hold on to your hats. This is a long, stretched out announcement, but there's good news and bad news. Most of it is bad news, but in the end, it will turn out good.

Bad News: I'm not coming home this summer. I'll be working, though I'm not sure where.

More Bad News: The reason I'm not coming home is, I just had my taxes done and I'm $1400 in the hole. For many this isn't insurmountable, but I still am on a paycheck-to-paycheck existence so yesterday I started looking for a second job. I'm still paying off a loan from Rochester, have car payments and have 3 maxed out credit cards. And I'm sure my more bad news below isn't going to help. All of this leads me to the good news.

Good News: That's it. I'm done. Outta here. Vamanos. The only problem is it's going to take me a while to get back home. Right now, my goal is a year from June. So the next year + is going to suck, but the goal is to get home debt free in June of 2009. The only way this will change is if I land some amazing teaching job in a place I've actually WANTED to live in. But apart from that - I'll be back in Rochester in 14-15 months. I know...a long time.

More bad news: I have to admit, this is getting ridiculous. So I went to the dentist today. First time in a super long time. I take care of my teeth, I just haven't had dental insurance in a long time. So, she does all this x-raying...

I've grown 2 more wisdom teeth! And one of them has to come out! I've already had 4 of them taken out - what am I, a freakin tooth factory?

No, wait. It get's better. I've never had a dentist take my blood pressure before. Until today. And it's high. Too high. Because my retarded HMO won't pay for the meds I was on before I have to take some kickback-special which isn't doing the job. So now I have to schedule an appointment with a different doctor (because my cute Asian doctor is too nice to yell at the HMO) to get my meds adjusted so I can get my blood pressure down, so I can have my 5th wisdom tooth removed.

What...ever.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ouch... I can only wish for the best my friend. I'm sending you good vibes:)