Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Keziah Wrap Up

I know, I know. It's been a few days. Well, I'll finish up with my description of Keziah Week, then I'll do a separate post or two that will end up making you go "Hmph"

So, where was I? Oh yeah....Last Wednesday, Keziah & I started off at the Maui Tropical Plantation. I was there before with Renee & the kids, but this time we got to stop to see the coconut husking demonstration. (I guess they didn't want the kids to get near the sharp instruments) Renee met us there for lunch and the three of us preceded to have a bizarre dining experience. It was if we were lepers and the waiter wanted nothing to do with us. He looked for excuses to not be around us. He got my order wrong and they were out of what I wanted for dessert. But it was mostly that leper thing. But Renee & Keziah hit it off well.

Then Keziah & I went to the wetlands that I've posted about before. Again, sun started kicking her ass so after a bunch of picture taking we left. But she got some pretty good shots at both places.

Thursday started off with the two of us on the air at Mana'o. That went well, even though it was not nearly as crazy as our podcasts. Being the radio god that I am I was doing requests from all over the country - and one, I wasn't able to get in until just yesterday - but I did it, damn it. Stupid Roy Orbison.

Later that night we recorded another podcast. It was...wow. It looks like a running gag has re-emerged on the show - that of "Dave's Mom". Renee came over while Jill, Keziah & I were taping and even she got in shots about Dave's Mom. You just have to hear it. Here's the mp3 if you care to listen. We may even end up having T-Shirts made.

The next day was supposed to be our trip to Hana. And it sort of was. We started it, anyway. As we stopped at a few places on the way, we ended up pulling off the road a few times (as per the guide book) to get pictures that Keziah would be interested in. We walked through this cool bamboo forest. And did this crazy hike over rocks to get to this waterfall....or watertrickle. It was a serious hike. Once we got there, there was this pool where the water emptied to. We were thinking about going in for a dip and were just about ready to - we were both sitting on rocks with our feet in the water. Keziah had just gotten in about knee-deep when I felt something brush against my foot. I looked down and saw something with claws. Uh, needless to say I told Keziah to get out before I could figure out what it was. It was a crawdad. Seemingly harmless, but then we looked closer and over a dozen of them started swarming to where we were in the water. After seeing some of their cousins in the Aquarium the other day and not knowing if there was some kind of Hawaiian Flesh-eating Crawdad, we decided swimming was not the best idea.

So after a bunch of small hikes, Keziah was done. She was the first to admit that the word "sporty" has never been used to describe her so being about half way there, we turned back and went home.

The next morning, we met Peggy and her husband for breakfast, did some last minute running around and then she was gone. At breakfast, Peggy was so relentless bothering Keziah about moving here that she has been nicknamed "the hammer". I'll throw a couple of pictures here, but there's a whole folder full on the Fotki page.

This was supposed to be a picture of Keziah hiking. Unfortunately she took a huge header just before I snapped this. Seriously. But her ass was OK. And I also found out that "ass" is photographer talk for "camera".

Me and Keziah at sunrise at the crater. One of us missed the actual sunrise because he had to pee. Doh!

You can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her.

No comments: