Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Yeah, I know it's October, but there's already stuff in the stores here. How can a place that generally doesn't get snow (I hear there's snow on one of the mountains on another island) be so into Christmas? Actually, I know the answer. Christianity is f-ing huge here. It's been ingrained as it was the missionaries that originally screwed the Hawaiians. It took the US government a while to figure out the good thing the "Christians" had going here before they took over. Once again, I digress.

(insert cheesy music here)

I'll be home for Christmas. Yep. A few things went down where I decided that I needed to come home. A couple of phone conversations, some e-mails and a family situation pretty much made it a done deal. So, here are the details:

I'll be in the morning of Friday, December 21st. I grabbed a room at the Clarion downtown for the first weekend. I figured if I was going to do anything debauched (I think that's a word) then I shouldn't be trying to sneak into my parent's house. We're all a bit old for that. Yes...I will be at the Sports Page that Friday afternoon. The more things change the more they stay the same. I'll be staying with the parents (I assume they know this) from that Monday through...uh...probably the 29th. I guess I'll have to sneak in those nights. Then I'm driving to Annapolis to hang with Keziah for New Year's. [Brad, can you handle me for a night? I was thinking of a stop in NJ on the 29th]

I'll be back in Rochester sneaking into my parent's house on Wednesday, Jan 2nd and I'm leaving Saturday morning (Jan 5th). I'm going to beat that rental car like a rented mule.

Oh, and I'm brining my recording gear...so the original Stuart Bedasso Show will be back together again!

You know, in Maui I'm doing just about everything I want. I'm teaching (relatively) the way I want to in a place that appreciates me, I'm back on the air and I'm still working to change the world. I'm glad I'm here. But I miss you guys and it'll be great to see you again. It feels like it's been forever even though it's just been a few months.

Aloha!

No comments: