Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Have You Seen This Teacher?

I may be a bit paranoid here, but there's a chance that I may turn up missing some time soon. If that happens, I leave it up to you to contact the police with what you know.

My radio is alive.

Let me explain. The only thing I've had to listen to music at home is my laptop - which I'm getting ready to punt into the ocean. So I figured I run over to the Salvation Army and see if they have some cheap thing I can throw in the bedroom to listen to stuff when I go to bed. I found a little boom box...a boom boxette, for fifteen bucks. I tried it out there, it worked fine so I grabbed it.

Well, it turns out I know how it ended up at the Salvation Army to begin with. It killed its last owner. I'm serious. When it's plugged in it won't turn off and keeps flashing "HELLO" over and over until you unplug it or start playing some music. There's a power button, but you push it and the power goes off for maybe five seconds, then it turns itself back on....looking for you. "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO".

My radio is alive, it's creepy, I don't know how to appease it and it's going to kill me.

But before I go, I'm taking someone with me - that f-ing yapper-dog next door. Barking from 10pm to 2am last night. I guess the neighbors must think it's soothing, like wind chimes or a fountain. I'm thinking about making the worst mix CD I can find, fill my possessed radio full of batteries and leave it on their door step going full blast.

4 comments:

Papa said...

Don't think you need to worry about it too much... at least not until you press "PLAY" and it says, "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Ariel White said...

Comment carefully... I started that blog to keep the family up-to-date.

Unknown said...

Once you scarifice a virgin to one of the Hawaiian radio gods you should be all set.

James Bailey said...

I think it's the radio from Lost. You have to type in the code every 108 minutes.