Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update

Things have been a bit on the crazy side so I haven't had a chance to let folks know what's happening.

Yesterday was the last day of school. It was pretty emotional, as expected, but I held up OK. Then the kids left and I started to wade through the cards, candy and other x-mas stuff that they brought. I almost lost it there. A few of my girls made a movie for me...I haven't been able to watch it yet.

There's a new blog! Yes, now I only juggle...uh 5 of them, I think. The blog that I have to keep in touch with the kids is called Schmoeology. Whenever we needed a fictional person, Joe Schmoe was always our go-to guy. So Schmoeology it is.

So now I'm unemployed. I'll follow up with the Special Ed gig at Hillside when I get home. I talked to Michael today. He knows a guy who wants my resume for some new "thingy" dealing with autistic kids, but that's a further downt the road thing. I started getting meeting notes from the new Metro School Planning Committee - Bill Cala's thing. But I did notice someone else on the list of people involved who I'm just not in the mood to deal with right now, so I don't know if I'll be diving into that shallow end.

I've gotten rid of just about all my CD's...of the...hmmmm...I guess it was about 800, 200 went home, 300 went to the radio station and 300 were sold to a local music store. Not bad. I digitized all the stuff I got rid of so I have them all on mp3.

Tomorrow, Jill & I tape the last Maui version of the podcast. I have one person already on board to come on in Rochester. And I'm working on a revamped website, but it's requiring skills that I don't quite have yet. I think that's a project I'll be tackling next week.

Tuesday, I take the car to the bank for reposession. It will be at that moment that I become the first person in the history of modern finance to have a negative credit rating. So if you know of anyone in Rochester with a decent enough hooptie for sale, give me a holler.

I guess that's about it. I'm just getting rid of my crap, trying not to live on candy and Jamba Juice for the next 4 days and getting ready to leave this Third World Rock.

Oh, and thanks a lot, Chris. Luke found me on The Facebook, too.

No comments: