Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Damn

I got this e-mail tonight.

Mr. Atias,
This is sort of a goodbye letter and also a thank you letter.

I wanted to say that you are a wonderful teacher and that I am still very sad and upset that you are leaving us! You have helped me through so many of my issues ( social, emotional, and school) throughout the past year and a half and I have learned so much from you. I have been so lucky to have had you for my advisor. You always know exactly what to write in my journal, even when I am being super negative, you still could always dig up something uplifting and positive to write.

You understood my ADHD problems, and you made my learning environment easier for me.

I loved all of your projects and lessons. I thought that the Amnesty International letters that we wrote were awesome and I wish that we could continue to write more. You taught us so much about the different Cultures and places in the world.

One of the hardest parts of you leaving, is probably the whole advisory situation. I loved our advisory and all of the things that we did, such as passing the ball, and the monster walk, and also, i loved the journaling. I know that our advisory was much different than most of the other advisories, though, it was exactly the type of advisory that i need. I need the advisory where i can trust all of my fellow students, and where we can all feel like a big family. Not the other type, where we just play games like a regular PE class. It is going to be very difficult for me to have our advisory split up. Advisory was a place where I could go each morning and start my day with a great group of people, whom which i feel very safe and comfortable with, and just express my feelings. Most of the time, Advisory was the best part of the day for me.

Soooo, Thank you again Mr Atias for being so wonderful. I have a couple questions and also some suggestions that i wanted you to see...

1. I was wondering if you could still keep in touch, and i was wondering since the journal thing worked so well for me, if i could kinda do a "online/email Journal" Where i could email you my journal entry when i was having a problem, or i just wanted to tell you something exciting, and you could just maybe reply your response to my entry.

2. I hate that our advisory is going to be spilt up, so i was wondering if i could give you a list of a couple people that i really enjoy being in advisory with and you could maybe help but one or two of them with me?

3. as you know, i love our advisory group now, so i was wondering if maybe like once a month or somthing if we could maybe have "Mr. Atias' Advisory" Get together during advisory and we could all have an advisory session like the ones we have right now.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and for being such a wonderful teacher and advisor. YOU ROCK MY GREEN STRIPED SOX MR ATIAS!!!

3 comments:

James Bailey said...

Dude, that letter should be your resume whenever you apply for a new teaching position. It's nice to know you had that kind of impact, but I guess it makes it a little sad to be leaving.

Lazulipi said...

This totally made me cry.

Papa said...

Great letter.