Sunday, November 9, 2008

That's why they call me "velvet"

Cuz I'm smooooooooth.

I'm at the Y as I tend to find myself on a Sunday morning. And the crazy spin class people are calling to reserve a bike for tomorrow's classes. They're junkies and I give them their fix...

At a relatively slow moment today, I took a call from a regular who...well, I'll just say that I have a teeny crush on...I think she's married and it would be creepy to flapjack a member of the Y while working. But I was feeling a little daring.

So she called and asked if there was any room in the afternoon spin class.

Now here's where the story gets a little hazy. Because I can't quite remember which of the following I said:

Response 1: Of course. There's always room for you.

Response 2: Of course. I always have a seat for you.

Now, I'm sure you can see that Response 2 is far more creepier. I just can't remember which one I actually said. I'm pretty sure it was the first, but....

Velvet.

No comments: