Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Another Timetable Shot to Hell

On December 3rd there's going to be a school / parent meeting. Our communication or lack thereof has gotten so out of hand that they're having a meeting to clear a bunch of stuff up. The funny thing about all of this is:

*There's acknoledgement that there's a problem, but still no acceptance of responsibility or plan for serious change. In fact, the school...or should I say, it's leaders have pretty much painted themselves into a corner by relying on such lousy technology that they couldn't afford to change it even if they could.

*The solutions all the teachers are talking about to "get control" of the school again are very traditional. Punishments and rewards, grade everything, reduce the field outings, etc. It'll calm the parents down, but it's not going to change squat. Everything they're going to be doing is based on external motivation.

*The new schedule they're going to employ and explain to the parents on Wednesday doesn't have me in it. Also, in the spirit of communication, they're going to need to explain that a new Teacher's Assistant and Clerk are going to be on board. So we're going to moving up the timetable on the announcement of my leaving by a couple of weeks.

It's not going to be a total disaster, I'm just going to have to answer the same questions over and over and there will be more passive-aggressiveness by the kids who don't want me to leave. But it won't be too bad...I hope.

******************************************************

A couple of weeks ago, I told one of the kids how much she reminded me of Suzie...Suzee...Suzey...uh...Suzi...whatever. Susan Gibney. Oh, there's those out there who don't know who that is. Suz...uh...damn...Susan is the sister-in-law of my Cousin Jill, who can read this blog, but doesn't. Susan is an actress. You may have seen her on one of the Star Treks, I get 'em all confused, Crossing Jordan and many others....

Here's her IMDB page.

Anyway, I have this 6th grader who so reminds me of a little Susan. Actually, I didn't realize it for months...it just hit me a couple of weeks ago. So I told the kid about it and told her I'd e-mail Susan to tell her. So every other day I would get, "Did Susan e-mail you back yet?" No...not yet. So she asked me again today and we had a few minutes, so I grabbed my cell phone and called her. After I talked for a while I let Lily talk to her. It was the cutest thing ever.

I think that's about all for now...most of you are probably reading this on T-Giving. Have a great holiday. I'm working most of the days, but have Friday completely off. If the roosters, babies and dog upstairs will let me, I'm going to sleep in, maybe make it up to the Labrynth and chill out before I go see Kanekoa with Jill. Then, it's back to work on Saturday. While I may be an unemployed bum, that first week I get back will be my first real vacation in a long, long time.

Jeez...I sent my resume to another place yesterday and I can't even remember what it was for. I gotta start keeping track of this stuff.

No comments: