Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Right Time to Get Out

Yeah...there's a whole bunch of handwriting on the wall here.

First of all, I got an e-mail from a parent last week, asking why there were so few social studies grades for his kid. Oh, by the way, we use a web-based program called PowerSchool. The concept is good, but the software sucks. Parents and students can see up-to-the-minute updates of what work has been done and the "grade". Teachers can also make notes about behavior or whatever.

So there's not a lot of social studies stuff because I haven't been teaching much. There's all this other stuff the kids have been doing. I explained this to the parent. Well, the Lead Teacher must have been blind copied in on the original e-mail as I got a note from Dan telling me that every time I interact with kids I should be grading it, even if it's just for behavior.

Well, those of you reading this already know how I'm going to react to that, so I'll leave out the f-bombs. Let's just say that it ain't happening and I just won't use him as a reference.

And the same Lead Teacher was away at a conference last week and the other teachers decided to use Friday planning time to come up with a big-ass list of things Dan has or hasn't been doing. It's seriously extensive. And one of the new teachers is going to have a meeting with Dan and Mark (director of KCS) about it. It's going to be a car wreck. And I'm not involved.

Yep. It's the right time to get out.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Oh, I can see it... "Billy, I noticed that you flapjacked with Susie very well during lunch. I'm gonna give you an A for effort."