Saturday, November 22, 2008

Job Hunt

Whoo Lordy!

I've applied for so many gigs I can't even remember them all. Of course I haven't heard much back...I mean, I'm telling folks that I won't be back in town until Christmas. What are they going to say? I have suggested phone interviews, but not many are keen on that idea. So let's see...what have I applied for:

  • I just sent my resume to Expeditionary Learning Schools to become a school designer in the Buffalo, Rochester, Ithaca area.

  • Rochester YMCA to be a Program Director

  • The United Way to run something that I don't even remember...I just know that I'd have to wear shoes and big boy pants.

  • Special Ed Teacher at Halpern Day Treament for Hillside.

  • The Center for Youth Services as some kind of school based counselor.

  • Deaf Services Manager at the Center for Disability Rights.

  • Treatment Coordinator at Continuing Developmental Services.

  • Santa Claus at Midtown Plaza.


OK, just kidding on the last one. There's others as well that I can't remember. Oh yeah...there was the trainer for some company that makes sealant...I'm kinda glad they didn't call back. My heart just isn't into sealant. Oh sure, I like things when they're sealed, but I just don't have the passion for sealant. Now if it was lubricant...I'd be all over that. But sealant...nah.

What was I talking about, again?

Oh yeah, a job. I was thinking about this last night. I really wish there was a way to do a Vin Scelsa thing...to be this radio guy who can pretty much do whatever he wants on the air. He had to go through a lot of cruddy radio jobs at a very young age, when the industry wasn't as smarmy so he's earned his right to do what he does. And I'm pretty sure he's not a rich guy by any means. But it sure would be cool to do that. I spend a fair amount of time on the podcast and would have a blast if somehow that could be a career. I mean I could really shape it into something unique if I could do it more than an hour a week. But I don't think the medium is viable to sustain a career on.

It would be cool, though.

No comments: