Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Roundup

I haven't had much to blog about, so I guess enough little stuff has built up where I can post a little update.

*I've pretty much just gone into auto-mode where summer school is concerned. It's really a waste of time for the kids and there's not a hell of a lot I can do about it. I'll just wipe it clean from my brain.

*Things are getting kinda lame at the Y...I could insert a bad sex joke there, but you can do it yourself. Since I've been there they haven't had a Front Desk Supervisor. I really hadn't noticed. Well, they finally hired someone. She seems nice, but she's learning everything from scratch and she pretty much spends every one of my shifts asking me why I do everything I do. It doesn't seem to be in a "gotcha" kind of way, but it's really annoying. And I've only been there a couple of months myself, and this place is so bureaucratically inclined that you can't learn everything until it just happens to you. It has made it a little less fun to work there.

*Still enjoying hot dogs and cheeseburgers - sans buns.

*It appears that the campaign guru likes me and has told Summer that he wants to "take me under his wing." I'm...flattered? But at least Summer agrees with me that he is a bit obnoxious.

*The campaign is going OK. Money is still the one factor that I'm worried about. We have the strategy, we have an...OK amount of volunteers. We just need the cash to pay for the mailings we need to make. If you have any spare change laying around, feel free to send us a few schillings.

Not much else happening. I'm just trying to put my head down and focus on getting through the next year. I promise, I'll try to find something on the positive side to post on next time.

No comments: