Saturday, July 19, 2008

Casing the Joint

Well here's a new one. We were supposed to have a whole bunch of camapaign volunteers show up to go door-to-door. No one showed but me and the candidate. So we talked shop for a while then each went to do our own areas of Pukalani. Today sucked. It was nothing but hills. Every driveway looked like this:



So as I'm making my way down the street, I see this guy outside giving me the look...you know how he's got that look...that "this guy just took a dump on my lawn" look. So I keep makng my way closer & closer. And I finally get to him and before I can even say hello he asks me why I'm casing the neighborhood. When I explain to him who I am and what I'm doing he tells me that he doesn't believe me. So I gave him my card. So now he believes me but complains about people putting stuff in his mailbox. I inform him that we know that's a federal offense so we don't do that. He told me about the 2 guys he has pictures of doing it. I moved on...the poor bastard. Living on the mean streets of Pukalani, needing such security.

Oy.

Summer better win.

No comments: