Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Day of School

Yep. Today was the first day of school. I think we were first on the whole island. Today was the newbies. Mostly 6th graders who are just coming in with a sprinkling of 7th & 8th graders. They're a bit squirrelly (sic?). And while we had to go by the seat of our pants because the computers weren't working, we did OK. I had a pretty killer lesson in the afternoon. I didn't realize that some of the other teachers were paying attention and I got a few kudos after. Just like riding a bike. And during my lesson I did coin a new term: swirly death bomb. You had to be there. I swear it was academic. But the reference to vacuuming the cat...uh...not so academic.

Oh, and Mark greeted me with a gift today...a webcam! Tomorrow though...all the kids come back and the computers still aren't working. It's really going to be chaos.

After school I pretty much had to go straight to the Y. Then back to school to do seating charts, rule lists and my "killer" lesson that I have to improv because of the computers. So it's after midnight and after admiring my new "Jesus is My Ese" t-shirt, I'm having enough wine to make my jaw unclench, then I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow...chaos followed by a meeting with a playa in the community about Summer's campaign, followed by a workout and ending up with...probably going back to school.

And so it begins.

1 comment:

Lazulipi said...

Jesus is your ese! believe it, friend