Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's in Store?

Well, some time's gone by (days, anyway) and I'm relatively over the election. I'm trying to focus on a couple of things...the job I have and the job I'm going to need. The weird thing is, the ideas that pop up for me in terms of the jobs I'm going to need are not things I can fall into the minute I get back to the mainland.

Which means I'm going to need a "get-by" gig...the easy fix is Hillside...I can probably always have a job there, but I know I sure don't want to do any more cottage work. I'm done with restraints - and even though the agency is going towards being hands off, but they keep bringing in more aggressive kids. I could easily be a teacher's assistant in their school, but I remember the last time I was there. There was an all-out riot. And the agency is insisting on at least 3 people to a hold? I don't think so.

As for the long-term things, my brain is going back and forth between 2 options. I'd rather not go into details because I'm still trying to flesh both of them out and who knows...I could just end up seeing if they need someone to cook hot dogs at Nick's.

Truth is...the minimum I'd like to do right now, is get back home, find a job so that I can start seeing my therapist again and work my shit out.

Stupid School Without Walls...

No comments: