Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Trying to Get to Sleep

I'm home now. It's way past my bedtime, but I'm overtired and I've had too much caffine, too late so I'm just trying to bore myself into getting sleepy. I haven't blogged much lately because it's just been school and the campaign. School is pretty much a free-for-all right now. There are people who are pretty under-qualified doing jobs they shouldn't be and it's not a great way to run any organization. It's sad when I'm the voice of reason. But in spite of that there is some educatin' happening, though we're doing more breadth than depth right now. In spite of what is said, number grades are the order of the day. Blah, blah, blah.

Campaign? Well, to the outside looking in, we're doing well. Calm, cool and collected. We have radio ads that started yesterday and print ads hitting today through Saturday. But it's been unorganized and chaotic. Summer asks me to handle things and when it's not the way she would do it, she goes around me to the person we're dealing with. Part of it is inexperience, part of it is being on Maui...it pretty much is, if you want to get something done you have to do it yourself. She's going to need to get over that if she makes it to Oahu or else she won't have people who will work for her.

The incumbent is doing what he has to do...telling half-truths to distort his record, while we're not really hitting back. If we lose Saturday, that will be the reason why. My Get Out the Vote plan is down to trying to find people to do phone calls on Friday & Saturday (I'll end up doing most of the hundreds of calls) and sign waving - which was last on my list of priorities, but that's probably what Summer and her family will do...all day, probably.

I know it's cliche' but it's funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.

Oh, I meant to post this last week, but didn't get around to it...so when I was at the Filipino Candidates Forum, I went to the bathroom. That's not the significant part. While I was there, they had these signs telling people to a) make sure you flush and b) please don't throw garbage down the toilet. Here is the graphic they used:



Who the hell is throwing ipods, computer mice and boxes of taffy in their toilets??? I do not understand the Filipino people.

No comments: