Sunday, September 21, 2008

So the day started off, pretty much as a continuation of yesterday. I ended up in an argument with a couple of crazies at the Y...I was relatively calm until one of them called me a "fucking hou'lie" (I still haven't learned to spell that word). I have more respect for this place than most of the Hawaiians I've met, plus the fact that I was in a bad mood. I didn't do anything that would've gotten me fired, but it will be interesting to see what happens next week when those fuckers show up at 10am to reserve a bike for the next day's spin class.

Anyway...work was boring. I planned on working out after, but I just wasn't into it, so I went back to Kihei, grabbed something to eat and went to school to check on a few things. Waiting for me were e-mails from parents who are freaking because their kids have to work in school for the first time in their lives - and their...grades...show it. So I dealt with that, watched some Daily Show & Colbert online and went home to upload the podcast Jill & I recorded last night. It was a good show. Then I downloaded the new Mitch Hedberg album...it's pretty funny. I'll play a cut off it on the podcast next week. Probably "Phil" for Mike & Erick. And right now...I'm about to start a book. And get this...it's fiction. And not like historical fiction. An actual story.

I feel like doody right now, but I'm going to figure a way out of this.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Haole... "foreigner", "caucasian", or "whitey".