Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

I think the campaign's in trouble. I keep getting unsolicited feedback from people who have been here a while, many of them in office already, to do things that we're either not doing or not doing enough. We're not knocking on enough doors...and Summer is REALLY not knocking on doors. There's only so much I can do...I did 4 hours yesterday and 2 today. I guess I'll be back out after work tomorrow as well, but weekends is all I have because Upcountry is so far away.

Others are telling me that Mr. & Ms. Sixpack are telling them that they need a reason NOT to vote for Kyle. That's why I want to put his voting record out there. Summer won't let me do it. She finally went after him in terms of campaign contributions...once. We did a killer press release about it, but she won't let me send it out.

Other than the fundraiser stuff, which was great, but the only other thing I can get her Dad to do is to be lawn sign guy. He's taken that on as his mission. Which is fine, but he is such a popular guy that there's so much more he could be doing to help the campaign...and won't.

Then there's this whole sign waving nonsense. Everyone says we have to do it, but no one wants to do it. Same with letters to the editor.

I guess I attract this shit.

I don't really know what to do about all of this. We should be kicking this guy's ass, but my hands are totally tied.

No comments: