Saturday, August 9, 2008

Elitist? Moi?

I was driving to work today, thinking about the big fundraiser for the campaign that's going down tomorrow. Thinking about all the e-mails I was copied in on about the cole slaw dressing and centerpieces, and making sure there's enough ladels, etc. The people who worked on this $100 a person fundraiser have really busted their asses. But then it hit me. Most of the people who have been working so hard on this, were the same people who were very hesitant to lift a finger for the rally/fundraiser that was essentially free for folks and featured more pedestrian food and was in a public place rather than someone's "old plantation". That one was postponed once and eventually canceled for this foo-foo one. (well, foo-foo for Upcountry Maui)

Our opponent had one of these fundraisers last week. It was pretty crowded. Though, I think with the size room he had, it may not have been "packed". But it was definitely a Joe & Jane Sixpack kinda gig. I'm hoping to have a campaign meeting on Friday, where I'll propose that the same people organize one of those same type of fundraisers...$10 a person suggested donation. I'll see how much gusto there is for that one.

No comments: