Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Protest Song

So I started out the school year with an introduction on Human Rights. I've done a bunch of different things to help the kids look at his from different angles. And last week we did protest songs. You can go over to my teaching site to see what we did with that. After that, we wrote a protest song together. You know how you get in a circle and make up a story where each person does the next word. Well, that's what we did. So tonight, I spent waaay too much time recording it. I'll be putting it up on the site and the kids can download it. It's pretty ridiculous, but...I guess that's just how I roll.

Here's the song. (mp3)

I tried to do it straight, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I went bad-Dylan-impersonation. I'll try to post lyrics during the week.

So when I got the chords figured out for the song, I played it for some of the kids...and one of the little bastards heckled me. I mean, stood in the middle of the room and continuously yelled about how much it sucked. It was like having a drunk at Open Mic night. Little fucker.

Anyway, even with the fact that I suck at this, I really didn't have software to record it the way I wanted, but I improvised it well enough so that it sounds like a bad demo. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Lazulipi said...

GOD dave you rule.

Stuart said...

Big fish, small pond.

But thanks.

Lazulipi said...

my pond is full of crying kids and attitude problems....