Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm Ready For My Closeup

I was supposed to do all these things this weekend. In fact, as I type this I'm supposed to be at a beach party for the Save Makena folks. I'm just into big crowds this weekend. Last night I was supposed to go see a couple of bands play. Instead I stayed home and took the next step into my activist world - video. I told you a week or so ago that I spent time at one of the sign waving protests taking video. Well, we've also started to accumulate a lot of video at school so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and learn me some video editing.

Uh...in my own unique way I figured that it wouldn't take long so what's the harm in having a "pop" while I'm working. Well, it took a long time and by the end I was pretty hammered. Oops. So I finished a rough cut last night. I brought it to school today because I wanted to see it on our big-ass flatscreen TV. It was cool, but there were a couple of things bugging me still and seeing as how I'm avoiding this beach party I decided to fix them. Here is the improved-but-still-rough-cut.

[UPDATE UPDATE: This is the real final version. I changed the text over the video to black to make it easier to read.]



Feel free to send me any feedback. Yes, I know. I'm a shitty camera person. So you can skip that one.

No comments: