Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gym Event

Something happened to me at the gym today that's never happened before. Somebody asked ME for advice. Hold your jokes until the end, please.

I was on the elliptical machine doing my cardio and during this time an "older" guy got on the machine next to me. A couple of times. I noticed that he was kinda looking at me and I really didn't care why. Maybe I reminded him of Opie Cunningham or the guy who works at the gas station or he was some old gay guy looking for a date. Whatever. I had work to do. So I finished my 30 minutes and got off to wipe the machine down and he came up to me and asked how I got up to that amount of time.

He must have thought I was an idiot because I didn't have much of an answer. I'm not used to anyone talking to me at the gym, let alone asking me how or why I do something. I told him that I just start with the time I want to do and increase the intensity as it gets easier. I wanted to tell him to start with getting rid of the banana yellow Crocs and half shirt.

Now by half shirt, I don't mean sleeveless, I mean the kind of half shirt we used to wear under our shoulder pads in football. Yeah. It wasn't pretty. But I guess it wasn't as important as the shoes.



I'm really surprised that he didn't go flying off the machine wearing those.

But dude had the last laugh. He wasn't alone. He was with Hot Older Chick who was bending and stretching all over the place. I guess I need me some yellow Crocs. But I'm not going with the half shirt unless I'm strapping the pads on again.

Tangent Alert: At what point am I not allowed to refer to someone as "older"? I mean, I'm no spring chicken any more. Now when I do it, I actually have to do the math in my head to see if it's appropriate. When I'm in the home and I'm 70, can I talk about that hot 85 year old hottie as "older"?

So...is your grandma single?

OK, I'm done.

No comments: