Sunday, October 19, 2008

Save Me a Shovel

Well, that may be a bit premature, but I've stepped up my timetable a bit. Work's gotten to be a bit too much, especially if my non-work hours suck as bad as they do. So I'm starting to look for work back in Rochester for January. Again, doesn't mean I'm coming. If I find a job, cool. Right now, I'll even take a long-term sub job if it lasts the rest of the school year.

The charter school has just gotten too unpredictable. We have one teacher who goes on her own and books these massive extra-curricular stuff that affects the entire school and the lead teacher insists on planning the next week on the Friday before. I just found out on Friday afternoon that I have to plan our field outing for this coming week. That's bullshit. I'm just tired of having no control over my schedule, I have no idea what I'm teaching from day to day. Right now, it's just a job and one I don't really like that much, so if I have nothing else going on in Hawaii, I really don't have a reason to stay.

So, I'll see if I can figure something out for the holiday. I've already sent a note to the City School District and I'll update my teaching stuff on the BOCES website for a bunch of the suburban schools. And I'll be scoping out all the social agencies.

Let me know if you see any gigs you think I could survive in.

Oh...brief PS...I was talking to a few people about a possible gig with Amnesty International. I was just informed that with the economy that they've instituted a hiring freeze and the postition won't be posted for (at least) six months if ever.

No comments: