Saturday, October 25, 2008

Half-Empty or Half-Full

I'm going to go with half-full today.

I had to do laundry before work. Right before I left, I did a quick financial inventory...supposed I wanted to leave here in December, even if I didn't have a job. Hmmmm...not that possible. I haven't been getting my debt lowered as much as I wanted to. So I resigned myself to - if I can get a job before December, then I'll leave.

So I went to the laundromat. What has been a habit, if I'm doing laundry in the morning or early afternoon, I usually give Jimena a call, though I was a bit hesitant. I know I've said this a million times, but I truly am getting tired of using my friends (and this blog) as just people to bitch to. But again, a habit is a habit.

As usual, our conversation went well. She doesn't seem to mind my grumpiness. But when I told her about not being able to come back no matter what she started questioning me on that. So, I don't know if it's going to happen (it would mean a longer stint in the Kaminski guest room), but it did get me a bit motivated.

Today's pretty dead at the Y - I'm there now - so I've spent most of my time applying for more gigs. The Center for Youth Services, the United Way & Continuing Developmental Services (CDS). I also did a little online research as to what I may get for my car...from what I still owe, I'm going to get spanked on that no matter when I leave.

Each Friday...when we have our staff meeting at school, to plan the next week, I get more fed up. I can't believe that anyone would think we're doing what's best for our kids. The sad thing is, looking at the state of education in Hawaii, we're not really that bad. But I can't work like this. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing on a day-to-day basis. I didn't even work like that when I was in a cottage at Hillside.

But I'm going to keep cranking out those resumes and we'll see what happens. I have less than a month until I have to start giving notices (job & apt) if I'm going to leave in December.

No comments: