Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I think I was just insulted

In an e-mail exchange between me and the Campaign Guru, I was told that I was thinking like an "intelligent mainlander". I haven't been here a year yet...I'm still taking that as a compliment.

In other campaign news: I had a phone conversation with Nancy, the...uh...strange person who I've been in a room with maybe 5 times and has so far, felt me up and told me that she loved me...uh...twice. Anyway, she's in Colorado and it seems as if that's where she's going to be for a while, so she won't be a factor. It's bad for the campaign, but good for my sanity.

I like where we are with our strategy and plan, but I'm worried about the money. We should be wiping our asses with twenties (sorry for the graphic), but I can't get the family to be more assertive.

I have some cool pictures from my door to door stuff, I keep forgetting to post them. I'll do it later tonight.

In other...uh...other news: Summer school is NOT what it was advertised. It was supposed to be - oh, just teach what the book says in that order, use the worksheets and you'll be fine. Don't take anything from the kids, it's summer school. Any problems and they're out.

Yeah...that was Peggy's description before she left town to see her new grandchild. The problem is, I basically have a special ed class. So, I have a HORRIBLE book, that has so many typos, grammatical mistakes and outright errors in the answer key that it was if a social studies teacher wrote it. So my "easy" gig is a special ed job where I'm doing lesson plans every night.

I don't think he reads this blog, so I guess technically I'm talking about someone behind his back, but I just got off the phone with the man, the myth, the legend, Rome Celli. Dude's now President of the Monroe County School Boards Association. I remember him when he was just little Romolo, Treasurer of the struggling local Green Party. Do you think he could hook a brutha up with a job? No.

Seriously. I miss the political gossip sessions we used to have. It's pretty apparent that nothing much has really changed politically since I've been gone from Rochester.

But Rome did have a couple of interesting things to say about the podcast. One is that he's been digging some of the music on it to the point that he's bought some of it. That's the point of playing the real independent stuff. We play it so listeners can dig it and buy it and support the indie musicians. I'm pretty psyched about the music we've been playing and I've got the new Abi Tapia CD in the mail yesterday and I'm working on new Stanley Jordan and some other cool stuff.

He also had another comment, that I'm going to save for the show. You'll just have to listen to next week's show to find out what it was. But it was sho nuff interesting.

I don't think she reads this blog either, so I guess I'm really a gossipy kinda guy today, but I have another visitor coming next week. The lovely and talented Zuza Szewczyk will be stopping by the rock for a week. Damn, now I have to actually clean. I'm sure there will be pictures with the usual updates.

Wow, I only meant this to be a short campaign thing...Well, hope you enjoyed the update...

No comments: