Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Week in Paradise

*At first I thought she was just slurring her words. Then I thought that maybe I was just not hearing very well. I am getting older you know. Nope. She spoke clearly and I heard right. Vog. We have Vog on Maui. We can't see the mountains and it looks overcast all day. What's vog? That would be volcanic fog. I don't think they would have nicknamed Mel Torme after this. Maybe Tom Waits. So people are coughing, crabby, even dizzy. Freakin vog. I'm waiting for locusts next.

*For now, this is cute, but if it continues, it's going to be a major pain in the ass. We finally started getting out there and campaigning - Summer Starr & Co. So I met her at the St. Joesph's Feast. It's a church festival and there were a lot of local people there. Perfect. I showed up with my boot...I think I've officially campaigned under every possible condition now...which was fine. Summer got there with virtually no campaign literature and not very willing to approach people. This wasn't going to be easy. I basically had to verbally hold her hand as we talked to about 20 people and then she was done. Again...one time is cute. She's been freakin arrested for protesting and she was nervous about approaching someone to tell them that she's running for office.

*Not much else is going on. Two weeks and 4 days left with this stupid boot on. I have to buy a new keyboard for my laptop....stupid beer. Working at the YMCA is...uh...ok...the weird thing about it is the GILF's there. Yeah, I said it...GILF's. Not much else new going on. Campaigning, school & the Y. Podcasting and once in a while (like right now) a radio shift.

No comments: