Saturday, April 12, 2008

All Hell Breaks Loose

What the???

OK, maybe this isn't such a big deal, but it was definitely a surprise. Hmmmm...I'm not going to mention names here and not give clues for you to figure out who these people are...most of you wouldn't know these folks anyway. Even though I haven't had contact with these people in a while, I still consider them my friends and would never do anything that would hurt them.

Having said that, here's my tale.

While there is still more to be done, I do try to keep finding new ways of promoting the podcast. I think I've done a pretty good job. The latest thing - streaming the shows on our MySpace and Facebook pages has worked well so far. So, on Myspace you can go through everyone in your e-mail address book to see if they have MySpace pages, then you can Friend Request them. So I did that...and there were a bunch of people who showed up; some are already "friends" of the show, some I don't want to be friends of the show and a few who weren't but would like them to be. So I thought I'd check that last group out to see if they actually use their pages.

Whoa.

A few friends of mine have either become single or are telling the cyberworld that they are. And I don't mean people who were in new relationships when I left town. I mean, long time, marriages. I guess they just couldn't keep up the facade of a relationship after I left town. (Yeah...I know)

One of these pages left me absolutely speechless. It was if dude decided to become a pimp or something. And I'll just understate it when I say that was NOT his character before.

I guess you don't really know people...

Which is true...Michael and I have this long-standing agreement that as long as my mother is alive (no camping jokes please), if I meet an untimely death, Michael has agreed to go into my apartment and do a sweep of anything he deems...uh...unmomable...not-mom-worthy...uh...well, you know what I mean.

But that profile really blew me away...oh, I bookmarked it all right.

No comments: