Sunday, January 6, 2008

Follow up...

A couple of quick notes...or I may have time to blog as that little rat of a dog next door has been barking for an hour now and doesn't seem to be thinking about shutting up soon.

Late this afternoon I received a phone call from a business that works for the airline I used for my trip. They had my bag and were delivering it. When the guy got here he showed me what he had to deliver...those dudes lost a lot of luggage yesterday. The funny thing was that Jill had just left (we just finished doing the podcast) and all my headphones were in the bag.

Another thing I forgot to mention about my trip home, was my visit back to Hillside. Not that much had changed (it's only been 5 months) But the kids really reacted positively to seeing me. I wasn't expecting it, especially from the boys. I have to admit, it was a good feeling. Oh...and then...I had an oops I did it again experience.

I ran into someone who works there who I seemed to have had a Charlie-Brown-and-Lucy-with-the-football relationship with. And yes, I really thought that this time she wasn't going to pull that ball away. Dumbass.

OH! And somebody really needs to explain this to me:





I walked into the men's room at O'Hare Airport and found this. In picture number one, I find that my toilet seat is covered in some kind of plastic wrap...as if it were your grandmother's couch. Then I noticed that the seat had some weird contraption on it. In picture three you can see how to turn this thing on. You push the button on the wall and the saran wrap comes out of the contraption thus giving you a...uh...well...I'm not sure if it's new...or even clean for that matter...but it moves the saran wrap out one end of the contraption and back into the other end. And not to get too graphic, but boy was it comfortable. Uh, not. It was like trying to go to the bathroom by sitting on your kitchen garbage can. I can't believe that whomever thought of this ridiculous thing actually got the airport to put it in all their toilets. Freakin' genius. I'd rather use the plane bathrooms.

And finally...no connection here, but here's a picture of my new cousin, Liam.



Fortunately he does not come with a protective layer of allegedly sanitized plastic wrap over him.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Perhaps the plastic wrap is a response to a certain Idaho senator's activities...