Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The TV Show

I really don't have much new happening, but I thought I'd give everyone an update on how things are going with Dave's 3 Point Plan.

The school newspaper? Nothing. Podcast? No. Cable Access TV Show? Ahhhhh. A little movement. We have a dozen kids who are creating the first show. We have the roles assigned and we even have the stories settled on. The kids decided on Soldiers in Iraq from Maui, a controversial development program that's threatening wetlands and the endangered Sea Turtles.

Oh, I know what you're saying - Heeeeeeyyyy...those all have Dave's fingerprints on them. Wrong you are. The roles were settled and I left the kids alone in a room and told them to figure it out. I poked my head in a couple of times when it sounded like they were going to kill each other. A half-hour later, that's what they came up with.

A two-week vacation starts on Friday, so once we get back the kids start calling people to interview, doing research on the subjects and having training on filming and editing. I'm thinking of putting my own little touch on the whole thing (Whitee-style) but I haven't quite decided yet.

So...my break's coming up. I'm still trying to get over this plague I have. I have shifts at the radio station coming up. I plan on going to Haleakela to watch the sunrise, the Ocean Center, maybe to see the petroglyphs. So I should have some more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Lazulipi said...

miss you like woah inifnity